So what I did was answer the questions she listed earlier in the class on how to go about summarizing our knowledge claims.
Ch. 1- Mass Communication: A Critical Approach
1.What are the main points in this chapter?
- Mass communication is one major point, any form big or small it can alter a society's perception of events and attitudes.
2.What evidence does the author provide to support these points?
-We are a narrative species, we exist by storytelling which involves relating our situations and the test of our evolution depend on getting the story right or at least to what we think is right.
3.Is the evidence convincing? (Do you believe him)
-Yes, I think this makes sense, today's society is based on what we hear and if it's true or not. We generally call this rumors or gossip...which can either be true or not and we as humans thrive on stuff like this.
4.Would someone from a different world view be convinced?
- It's very possible that someone with a different world view would follow this. No matter where your from, I believe that communication plays a role all around the world.
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with the author about communication between humans and how we interact by story-telling. It's a way to express emotion and concern. i think people would go crazy if they couldn't hear themselves talk!
Post a Comment